Contemporary, stylish blinds designed with you in mind
We stock and custom make an extensive range of contemporary and stylish blinds to suit all your individual window furnishing requirements. Lakeview Blinds Awnings & Shutters can manufacture something simple and elegant, or a blind that has the ultimate wow factor. Our friendly representatives can visit you at your home or business across Newcastle, Maitland, Hunter Valley, Port Stephens and Central Coast with a selection of fabrics and samples. From the latest sunscreen, translucent and blackout materials to something more traditional, we have all your blind solutions covered.
Cash and Carry Service
Here at Lakeview Blinds Awnings & Shutters, we always like to go to great lengths to make life easier for our clients across Warners Bay and Maitland by keeping costs down. We offer a cash and carry vertical blind service, which means you’ll get a same day* turn around on stocked tracks and quality fabrics. This allows you to take your blinds home to install them yourself, cutting costs whilst providing a faster alternative.
Cash and carry services are available to our domestic shoppers only and is available on all our other products. If you choose a fabric that needs to be ordered first, then you must allow up to two weeks for delivery and in some cases three (depending on which product you are buying). You can save up to an extra 10%* when using our cash and carry service but please see in store or give us a call for more details.
*Same Day is dependent on time of day order is placed and scheduled work in factory.
*Not in conjunction with any other offer.
How to measure internal blinds
Lakeview Blinds are manufactured to the measurements you provide. Have on hand a steel measuring tape, paper and pencil, and a step ladder for high measurements. Please follow these guidelines carefully.
- Decide if your blinds will be inside or outside the window frame.
- Always use a steel tape measure for accuracy. DO NOT use a cloth tape.
- Measure and round off to the nearest mm. Check in several places in case the window is not perfectly square.
- If deductions are necessary, the factory will make the allowances. Do not make these yourself.
- First, measure WIDTH, write it down. Clearly indicate this measurement is the width.
- Second, measure DROP, write it down. Clearly indicate this measurement is the length.
- It is very common to transpose measurements. Always indicate the WIDTH measurement first, then theHEIGHT last. (e.g.. 2150w x 1530d or 2150 x 1530).
- Remember one very important thing when measuring for an inside mount - Take the ACTUAL WINDOW OPENING SIZE to give to us, our factory will take all the proper allowances for it to fit into that opening.
- Double check ALL measurements.
Whenever possible, we recommend an inside mount for a more finished appearance. If you have decided on an inside mount, we will need you to provide us with the window opening measurements. A deduction will be made to ensure proper operation and provide enough allowance for the blinds not to rub against the frame.
WIDTH: Measure the EXACT width of the window in three places. Use the narrowest width measurement.
DROP: Measure the EXACT DROP of the window in three places. Use the shortest height measurement.
Window Depth: The space from the windows outer edge to the back of the window (or obstructions such as handles).
Outside mounts will make windows appear bigger and can be used to advantage to hide unattractive windows. The window covering will hang outside the actual window frame, over lapping the window frame enough to cover for maximum privacy and light blockage.
Specify the EXACT WIDTH and EXACT DROP you want the end product to be. Your product will be made exactly as you specify with no deductions.
The normal width is measured to the full extent of the architrave. If you have no architraves - to minimize light gaps and obtain maximum privacy, add 100mm on each side. If you wish add extra length to the drop if blind not to the floor.